Desert Bighorn Recurve (Deposit)
The Desert Bighorn is our 3 Piece Takedown Recurve. It is available with all of the same options as our longbows. Choose from our vast selection of woods, (exotic and domestic) and work with Jim to build what could be your “Bow of a Lifetime”. Jim is famous for going the extra mile to select wood that is truly special.
Dead in the hand, Whisper quiet, and Very fast, Our flagship recurve will make you want to shoot your bow every day.The 3 Piece design allows the bow to be packed away taking up minimal space.
The Desert Bighorn is made tough to withstand the Rigors of hunting but to look great while doing it.
The bow comes standard with a medium sized grip but Jim can do custom grips to match your preference
- Available in 2 Riser Lengths, 16″ and 18″
- and Limb Sizes, #1 and #2
16″ RISER- w/#1 Limbs – 56″ overall length…w/#2 Limbs – 60″ overall length
18″ RISER- w/#1 Limbs – 58″ overall length…w/#2 Limbs – 62″ overall length
- available from 30-85 pounds at 28″
- riser cut 1/8″ past center
- Bamboo Limb Cores
- 7-3/4″-8-1/4″ brace height recommended
- Right or Left Hand–N/C
- Bow Length–56″-62″ (in 2″ increments) N/C
- Bow Weight–30# to 85# @ 28″ N/C
- Grip Size–Small, Medium or Large N/C
- Grip Configuration–Low Wrist, Medium Wrist, High Wrist N/C
- Beaver Tail Grip—$75.00
- Horn Overlays—$60.00
- Horn Tips—$60.00
- Extra String—$21.99
- Snake Skin Backing:
- Woods–You may choose from 60 plus woods that Big Jim stocks. Due to the extensive list of woods and configurations, it would be impossible to list them all here. Please see our wood options page for pics of a few of the woods we carry. Some woods have an upcharge.
Shipping is a flat $25.00 in the US. International will be determined at time of shipment.
*These are custom built bows. There is a wait time involved. Please contact us to inquire about the current wait time.
(as of 01/01/2018 the current wait time is an estimated 14 months from the time of the deposit to delivery.) We will do our best to deliver in less time if possible.
*To get on the wait list requires a $100 Deposit. With the balance to be paid prior to shipment of the bow. Just place the bow in the cart and pay the deposit.
**REFUNDS—We will refund 70% of your deposit as long as we are notified prior to the start of the build.
*We do not need to know your specs when you order. Jim will contact you prior to the start of your build. At that time he will go over all the specs with you. You may change anything including bow model when Big Jim contacts you to build your bow.
Feel free to contact us with any questions about your order or placing an order for a custom bow. You probably will not hear from Big Jim until your name comes up.
” I understand that is a long time to wait for a bow.
I promise I will put my best effort in to producing
a bow worth waiting for!”