Thunder Child (Deposit)
Our Thunder Child is a somewhat radical reflex deflex design with a forward handle. The Thunder Child will fast become one of your favorite longbows. Designed to allow the shooter to utilize a bow that is 6-8″ shorter than their normal longbow without stacking and finger pinch normally associated with the “Short Bow”. Stable and light on it's feet, the Thunder Child does not lack in performance. Choose either a 1 or 2 piece in this design with all of the same options as our Buffalo model and watch as your friends gather to join in the fun. If you have any questions or if you'd like to order directly from Jim, call 229-420-5669.
- Right or Left Hand–N/C
- Bow Length–54″, 56″, 58″ N/C
- Bow Weight–25# to 100# @ 28″ N/C
- Grip Size–Small, Medium or Large N/C
- Grip Configuration—Low Wrist, Medium Wrist N/C
- Take Down Options–
- 2 piece—$155.00
- Beaver Tail Grip—$55.00
- Horn Overlays—$60.00
- Horn Tips—$60.00
- Extra String—$19.99
- Snake Skin Backing:
- Woods–You may choose from 60 plus woods that Big Jim stocks. Due to the extensive list of woods and configurations, it would be impossible to list them all here. Please see our wood options page for pics of a few of the woods we carry. Some woods have an upcharge.
Shipping is a flat $25.00 in the US. International will be determined at time of shipment.
*These are custom built bows. There is a wait time involved. Please contact us to inquire about the current wait time.
As of 8/01/16 wait time is 12 months from time you place your order.
*To get on the wait list requires a $100 Deposit. With the balance to be paid prior to shipment of the bow. Just place the bow in the cart and pay the deposit.
**REFUNDS—We will refund 70% of your deposit as long as we are notified prior to the start of the build.
*We do not need to know your specs when you order. Jim will contact you prior to the start of your build. At that time he will go over all the specs with you.